This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Friday, March 23, 2018

Day out thrifting with Edna............

Yesterday Edna and I went out for the day. It has been a long time since we have done anything, it has been so cold and icy no one wanted to go out. Next week is her birthday so I took her to lunch. Well she drove but then she always does. Edna will be 80 and it occurred to me that my friends are getting old. There was a time when I would have said ancient but now at almost 72 myself it does not seem old at all. Liz is 80 now and she is certainly not old either. So age is really irrelevant and does not mean anything anymore. Edna is still spritely and gets around and energetic as ever. I suppose the danger at our age is falling or illness that can knock us out.
Anyway..........we have not been to the Thrift shops in awhile so that's what we did.
Edna didn't find much at all but naturally I did. Sigh.................
 photo 20180322_134644_zpsu2zet2rq.jpg
I paid 12 dollars for that so not very Thrifty. I have been in need of new cushions but didn't want to pay the price. Well at one of the shops I found some cushions that were exactly what I wanted. In fact matched some I already have. The dogs get on them, did I say dogs gasp? I meant Poodles. They scratch them and pull threads, plus some people use them to put their plates on with inevitable spills. So cushions get washed and lose some of their new looks so need replacing frequently. I refuse to pay the price unless on sale, so this saved me the chore of looking for some.
 photo 20180322_134655_zpsnhfcevez.jpg
I loved the red one and the other one is like two I already have. This one fits right in.
 photo 20180322_134708_zps7mnvzohe.jpg
I put all my English cushions out on the front porch and that will be my theme for this year. It's so cold out there right now. Brrrrr.
 photo 20180323_105001_zpscwkmheod.jpg
 photo 20180323_104955_zpseixlj2vz.jpg
 photo 20180323_104951_zpsnpwbxubt.jpg
 photo 20180323_104958_zpsttvxbhop.jpg
I have not done yet but right now it's too cold. Maybe when the sun gets around that way I may go out later and sweep and organize a bit. At least I got the Christmas trees down.
So one other thing I found on my Chicken/Rooster theme, was a nice little trivet for the Kitchen.
 photo 20180323_104922_zpsrutjuhgi.jpg
I have no idea how or why I got on this chicken kick, but it seems I have quite a collection now. I think maybe because they are so colourful.
They have found their way into the living room now too with that cushion. So I suppose it was inevitable that this little chickie found a place on the coffee table where I set her down. As I have no other place right now she can stay with the Rooster as she seems at home there.
 photo 20180322_134629_zpst1io0t42.jpg
The last thing I found was a picture frame to put one of my cards in. I need a few frames but even in the Thrift shops they were too much money. This one was only one dollar so it came home with me.
 photo 20180322_134609_zpscsyyla7o.jpg
I doubt it will be any good for what I have in mind but I am sure it will be useful at some point for something.
I think this was a very good days thrifting seeing as I found stuff I was actually going to buy and the cushions were new and unused. Cant do better than that. Oh the cushions other than the Rooster were just 6.99 and 4.99 so not bad. Maybe I could have found cheaper in the store but hey, saved myself a trip if nothing else and I doubt I could have beat that price by much.
All for now. Happy thrifting.

4 comments:

  1. Alway a good day out is fun and if you get some things you want that is a plus too.
    Merle...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well Janice! You always find great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wandering around in thrift shops. You had some lovely finds! That picture frame is awesome. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you