This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, July 6, 2019

Ooooh pretty things........

It's been awhile since I went to Thrift Shops. When we were out the other day I stopped at a yard sale and found a few things that gave me the bug again. This lady had some nice things I thought I could use in the garden. I just have to figure out how. Anyway they are still awaiting me to decide.Today though I went to Goodwill but yesterday we stopped in Beaulah and found a shop by accident and oh boy I must go back there.


I put that one in the kitchen.
Then I have to find a place for these beauties. The prices, wow, 2.75 for the above and .75 for this hand painted one

I must find a spot in the dining room for this one.


I have a couple of others by the same maker. This one is so pretty and made in Bavaria

Then I got a few little things I can put together for a mini bird bath maybe


The base is a rose vase and if I put it together it would look like this.

Those little bits and pieces I think I may have got at a yard sale in Suttons Bay. At the "new" thrift shop I found another lantern for the garden.

I like those and will either hang them along the garage or on Shepherds crooks. Its so much fun to find things, this was 2.00. Ya can't beat the price. Right now it has a candle in it but I may put a glass ball inside.
We shall see.
Anyway, today I found a few things as well. A nice thing for the garden. What is it? No idea but I like it.

Also found a nice bowl, Laura is looking for glass bowls to put stones in. I may keep this one, not sure.

This mini frame I will show Reina how to draw a bee and put it in there to take home.

So I have been rather successful I think. It's addicting as anyone who likes yard sales and thrift stores knows. Maybe Reina will like to go haha. I know I must go back to the shop in Benzonia, it has such awesome things. I saw a candlewick bedspread for 14 dollars. I need to have a good look at that.

1 comment:

  1. You are so much fun Janice! I love your finds! Wow! All so beautiful!!! Would love to go shopping with you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you