This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Its Time to Get Ready for Christmas.............

I love to get the house ready for the Christmas season. It's so much work now though. I decorate the whole of downstairs and so that means putting away our every day things till January. I think this year I will paint some of the rooms to freshen up before putting things back out.
Anyway, we got the tree up and decorated on Sunday, Saturday was spent packing things and exploring the Christmas things again. Its lovely to go through it all and remember people and who made some of the things. I gave a lot of the hand made things to Laura and this year will give some to Danielle. Then the things I have will just be purchased things, and thats just fine by me. There are really cool things out there now.
Photobucket


Some of the ornaments on the tree, its always fun to rearrange after its all done

Photobucket

Then to decorate and redo all the surfaces in the house (smile) at least downstairs. There was a time when the granddaughters came home for Christmas from North Carolina, I would put a tree in each of their rooms, they didn't notice the effort though. I collect snowmen and santa's now and the older ones as they get ragged get to sit outside.

Photobucket

The living room needs a few more touches but this is what we have so far.......

Photobucket

I put holly and poinsettias in among my real flowers and replace the summer flowers to give everything a festive look.

Photobucket

I foumd a use for the little chair that I found this summer. Didn't know what to do with it and it's been sitting empty. So now Santa has a new place to sit. Seeing as how we don't have a chimney.

Photobucket

I had to bunch all my plants up basically in one spot, so I loaded them up with poinsettia and made them festive. It's the only place I could put them and not kill them

Photobucket

I am trying to put some sort of lighted tree in each room, so far I only have this one going on.
Photobucket

The stuffies I have had for years may not make it through this year with Mr Sticky Fingers in the picture.
Photobucket

One thing I found useful was old jars I found at resale/thrift shops. Other years I have put candy in them but glass balls look so sparkly and pretty.
Photobucket
Christmas may not be the real birthday of Jesus but it is His official birthday. I am sure He does not need to have a birthday but we need to remember why he was born into this world. Maybe we do need to remember that more than once a year, and I do, but the "world" does not. If nothing else it is a joyful season and people have the opportunity to wish people well and think of others. That too should be done more often. This though is the real world and people get busy and quite often just do not make the effort. Please do not say "Happy Holidays' it is Christmas!. otherwise why bother? I especially do not like Xmas. That is just lazy and it is also taking Christ out of Christmas. Not everyone is a Christian, I do understand that but the "holiday" IS Christmas no matter what people think. No one HAS to celebrate it. Let us all make an effort especially Christians, to put the whole meaning back into this Christmas season. All the miracles of His birth, His life and His gift to us of eternal life and the whole reason for his coming. Think how those shepherds felt when they saw the heavenly choirs announce His birth. Think of the priviledge and the fact they came to the lowly ones and not the Kings of the earth to give their message of hope. Have a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is beautiful and you have so many pretty Christmas decorations! I just have a very small tree this year. Just couldn't work up the energy to do a big tree this year! lol
    Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you