This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sewing again, at last..............

My sewing machine has been sitting there on the dining table for months. Well lets see, at least since Christmas. Guess that's not too long but the thing was, it was not being used. I made a start and since then I have made myself do something every day. Having made a start it seems like it gets easier. I see progress and want to do more. I have made pillow cases for Teal and a tote bag for her. I have made kitchen things to send along for Carrie. Soup bowl holders and pot holders. I am enjoying making simple things that I can get done quickly.
I have enjoyed making some Tote bags. I made the boys each a small bag to carry small things, not sure the effort was appreciated haha. Cooper said "why did she give us an empty bag"? Tristen said "She made it for us" ......Cooper was not impressed.
 photo 20190302_141231_zpswwyd6iyh.jpg
Ah well you can't always win I suppose.
So I went back to making more adult Totes. These now need hand sewing. I need to get the handles sewn on and buttons placed.

 photo 20190228_144037_zpsnih3jqcg.jpg
 photo 20190228_153817_zpsyu38wz0r.jpg
I did buy fabric especially for making tote bags. I also bought patterns for more complicated purses, but not sure I have the patience. I tell ya that ol seem ripper has seen some use this past week. I do not like that.
This was meant as a beach bag, I finally finished it. There is another that needs putting together next but I need something for straps.
 photo 20190303_134232_zpsmdh3uuto.jpg
 photo 20190303_134223_zpsfzigos5y.jpg
I liked the colour combination on that one and also on this smaller tote.
 photo 20190225_125309_zpsrogeo39n.jpg
All of them are made with French seams so they are strong and do not fray. The plastic beach bags I just did double stitches and reinforced the straps.
I am eager now to finish the other one. Meanwhile I look forward to using up a lot more fabric. I think I will take some to Donna as well so I can really get my stash down to a good size. I know I will soon tire of sewing and each time it's harder to get back into it. I think I will make some more pillow cases, they use a good bit up and are quick and easy. I will also make some cushion covers for Spring to put out on the benches outside.
I have the quilts that are cut out and started so while I am in the mood I better do as much as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Kay, well good to see your so busy. Whether it's sewing, painting, crafting or just antiquing, it's always good to stir the cobwebs in the brain. At least that's the intention.
    Cute bags especially the beachy ones..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Janice! The bags look amazing! I started laughing with the boys and their bags! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you