This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Friday, June 14, 2019

A long time..............

It's been a long time since I was last in a thrift shop. At least it certainly seems so. The one that was a regular for me upped their prices. Now it's hardly worth it. I mean, I know it's giving to charity and all that but if I have to pay more for something that I can get in the dollar store why bother. I am mainly looking for things to decorate the garden, and cheap as possible. Well today I thought I would have a look, I did find a couple of things.
This stepping stone will go in my pet cemetary.

The writing is very faded but I will go over the words. It reminds me so much of Buttons I had to have it for her. She is not in the garden because she was cremated and is in my bedroom, but, that and a plant will memorialize her.

I was actually looking for teapots and didn't find any there but stopped in one more shop on the way home and found this one.

Its just to sit in the garden and was only 2.00 so that was about right for me. I am not sure if I will make anything with it, or just sit it somewhere. We shall see.
The lady who moved in across the Ally from me makes the garden ornaments like I do but hers are nicer. I thought I would have another go haha.
This next item, also 2.00 I put in the kitchen. So unless it gets broken that's where it will live. It had the hanger with it so that was handy and made my descision. I had another plate there but it got knocked down and broken. I actually have some dessert plates that would be just perfect with this for a tea party.

A piece of Carnival glass for 3.50. Not sure what to do with it but it's in the kitchen window till I decide

I bought this just for the colour of the glass. An oil lamp that hangs so will hang in a tree maybe or on a Shepherds hook? Anyway for 2.50 I love the colour.

When I took the picture of the tea pot I sat it on a doily, that reminded me that I found a whole bunch of linens at a yard sale the other week while out and about. I got a whole bunch of them for a couple of dollars each all hand made. I have no need of them but will always buy them when I see hand made things. So out of style now but I use them all over my house regardless.

Last but not least a pair of sandals/slides just what I needed and at 4.50 not a bad find. Especially as I needed a replacement black pair. I am not proud, I will buy used if I find them. They fit and are comfortable. So why not

Well that little effort got me in the mood for thrifting again. Trouble is you can spend a lot on things one really does not need. Ah well............never mind. It's fun.I guess the shoes made what I spent worth it because the total was probably what I would have paid for the shoes in a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you