This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April and nothing happening.......

Well I suppose I could bore everyone with a few of my latest cards but I won't right now. I have not been doing it every day like I was. I have slowed down a bit. Maybe that's good because maybe I will finally get to do some sewing. I have that stack of quilts and ironing to do. When I get stuck on one thing everything else gets left.
I found an old piece of watercolour I had cut off of a painting I did and didn't like. It was originally a picture of a seascape in a storm. Well it didn't work but I liked this piece and wanted to use it somehow. This is what I did and not sure I like it. So it will sit for awhile and I will see if I want to throw it away or keep it.
 photo 20180404_122257_zpsmn8lztja.jpg
Detail
 photo 20180404_122303_zpsmw9dzlye.jpg
Another thing I did was to paint on a few of my stones I picked up at the beach. I have been experimenting on what paints to use.
 photo 20180404_112141_zpslectvwqh.jpg
I have not had a lot of success so far but these are a bit better. I want them perfect though and sometimes the dots smudge
 photo 20180404_112147_zpszi1wp3ty.jpg
These ones I copied from Pinterest, but I want to make refrigerator magnets of the faces, the little ones. I don't know why because I don't use them. Maybe when I do my yard sale I can sell them at a dollar a piece. (Well I did pay for the magnets)
 photo 20180404_112158_zpssmz1qoqf.jpg
 photo 20180404_112208_zpswrh0syn2.jpg
 photo 20180404_112220_zpsk1wa13vq.jpg
I will pick up more stones this summer and see what else I can do. Maybe paint some of the faces and leave them on the beach haha.......
So Carrie and Justin bought me some lovely Tulips that I sat in different rooms. They ended up here in the living room and I moved the plant off the coffee table to set them there. I got so used to them there that I was sad when I finally had to let them go............I decided I like real flowers sitting there and so I bought me a plant.
 photo 20180404_112247_zpsgmqgwg6t.jpg
When it stops blooming it can go outside for the summer and I will replace it with another. I also need to replace some of my African Violets that are getting straggly and in need of repotting. I love those they bloom all year in my dining room window.
 photo 20180404_113212_zpst0frsjvc.jpg
The cats are bored. They want to be out in the garden but we got a winter storm last night and the snow is back. I opened the front door and got glared at by Bessie.
 photo 20180404_112810_zpsipo3svtp.jpg
Ah well, Boots had just got used to sunning herself in a garden chair so she is not happy either and the Poodles miss coming and going as they please
 photo 20180404_123920_zpsatniidaj.jpg
Bijou looks sadly out the front window hoping for someone to bark at to relieve her boredom.........At least the sun came out.

3 comments:

  1. The pebbles are delightful! You are so very talented! Wishing you a wonderful weekend1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rocks! Well done Janice! As always, give your fur babies hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Janice Kay
    I really think your rocks are really cute and to find one on a beach would be thrilling for anyone.
    I like you cat and dogs and will be glad when I can stay home and get me a couple little dogs I have a male cat named Shirlee

    I am a Janice Kay also, so our Mothers was thinking the same baby names back then

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you