This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watercolour.......................

I love to paint. I love watercolour. I have not found my nitch. Most of the art that I admire is so lifelike and so intricate and detailed that I know I could never achieve that level. Consequently anything I do myself is in my eyes worthless. Well, having said that I have done a couple of pictures that I like. Out of most of the things I have done though the ones that make me happy are few. I have been looking at some watercolour blogs and I have found some that are very free and clean. I cant do that myself and so I would like to learn to. I also like ink and watercolour and will try to do some more of that. I have read about watercolour pencils too and have some so I could try that. I was not exactly sure how but now I am into this blogging business I have found some answers. I will try that too.This is a picture of Betsy Lighthouse here in Michigan. Its not good but is one of my better ones. There are some elements of it that I like but still...........need to do a lot of work yet
Photobucket
I also did quite well with this one but again, I see too many faults to enjoy it myself.
Photobucket
Right now I want to begin fresh. I would like to do some drawings and make a new beginning.
This is a picture I did a couple of years ago from a photo of my parents back yard. The door is the coal shed.
Photobucket

This one I did in a watercolour class, the only one I ever took. Pity they are under glass now so the flash shows. I must replace these pictures some day with new ones but for now I just want to get a few on here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you