This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Snacks anyone?................

Do you like hot and spicy snacks? Well here is an awesome recipe for you. It is very quick and simple. Well maybe not quick because it does involve waiting for it.
Let me explain.
You will need a container that will fit the crackers in with enough room to keep turning them.
I use an icecream container, my friend used a large plastic mayo jar.

Photobucket

For the recipe you will need.
One box of saltine crackers
1 1/3 cups of Canola Oil (I tried other oil, stick with Canola)
1 pkg of dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
2 - 3 table spoons of Red pepper flakes.

Photobucket

Empty the 4 envelopes of crackers into your container. Sprinkle the dry Ranch dressing and the Red pepper flakes over them and then pour over the oil. If you want to mix that all together first and pour it on that works too. I always forget. You can make it as hot as you like by simply adding more or less red pepper flakes.

Photobucket

Put the lid on the container and keep on turning it to cover all crackers. This can and should be done over a period of days. Just keep on turning when you walk by the container. That way it covers better. You can also dive in and move them by hand to get those in the middle. Anyway, when you have done tasting them every day to see if they are just right. You might have a few left to enjoy with a nice cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you