This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Friday, October 5, 2012

Cupcakes............

Today I could not seem to get a thing done. I was trying to get the bedrooms cleaned. A certain 3 year old was being way to helpful (not) and into everything. He was especially whiny today for some reason. Could be because he woke up at 4am and got up at 6.30am. He has been doing that for several days now. I expect he is just tired. Not sure but in any case I decided that I should do something with him. So I checked my cupboards and yes indeed I had makings for cupcakes. So ..............we began. Tristen brought in his little stool to stand near me and I got all the ingredients ready. First he was playing with the egg shells, then the butter. Was in the dish water and this and that. I seemed to be reprimanding him every few seconds. Finally he was chewing on the end of the butter stick...............I think he grew an extra set of fingers. He was just in that mood today. Into everything, so I sent him into the other room. Then he started in on the poodles. Chasing them and so on..............it's a wonder I even got them done. But I did........... 101_0298 I used a boxed cake mix thank goodness, I could not imagine getting them done otherwise. I did make the frosting from scratch. I used a quarter of butter and mixed it with powdered sugar and a little milk. It was awesome. I let Tristen lick the bowl. I forget that toddlers take things literally because I turned around to see him with his head in the bowl....licking. Oooooh boy!!!! 101_0302 After the cakes had cooled and been frosted I used some coconut to top a few of them and some pink balls on the other ones. Tristen had been waiting (not patiently) for the first ones to be ready. I put the rest on some wire racks to cool. 101_0304 So we retired to the living room and I got busy doing other things. There was a lot of silence. I called Tristen. No answer. Several calls, no answer. I asked what he was doing and heard him go upstairs..............yes you guessed it. The cupcakes had been invaded, two tops missing their frosting. Hmmmmmmm. He stayed upstairs and when he came down I asked him if he knew who got into the cakes and he said "me did"........what could I say, he's 3. Anyway, next time I will know better and put them somewhere else out of reach. I am linking up with The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday. Also sharing with Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Oh, little ones! These look delicious. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again next Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really tasty...greetings from Sweden/Helena

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you