This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, April 11, 2013

More from my 2nd journal........

What is creativity? What is original art?...........I find my inspiration from many things. These days I am inspired by several peoples blogs. So if my work looks familiar, then maybe you have inspired me. I never copy but I do try to emulate. If I see something that I like and would like to give it a try, then I do so. I keep it in mind as I try my own version. I have learned a lot from my fellow bloggers and I sincerely appreciate the help. I have always done too much detail and so this and previous posts are showing how I am trying to loosen up. After a period of time I will go back to doing things my own way and hopefully these experiments will have made a difference.
This is "Carnations"
 photo 0f53b9d2-8695-440c-9a9a-bb57de95affc_zps0e9133dd.jpg
One blog I follow did some beautiful vegetables and so later I tried my hand at an onion.

 photo 0d6afbe2-eff3-4d88-8a22-5cc9543789b7_zps147ed613.jpg

from someone else I learned to do bee's and so now I have bees all over my journal and they got better as I went on.........this one? bleh!!

 photo a5722f60-1eea-4e74-8722-941833be6845_zps1211746d.jpg

I learned to put my colour down first, then make my picture. To do it quickly rather than taking forever as I normally would and worrying about every detail. I forgot to pick out the centers, I will do that later.


 photo a3c94936-4588-46a8-bc5a-9a3e3b90f959_zps3feaa22c.jpg

Not sure where I found this but it's my version

 photo 2a3ef161-21fa-4bc2-b5a5-bc3c7f2dc1b6_zps40b0bce9.jpg

I am not good at this either.......quick sketch and colour. I would normally draw in great detail and obsess over every detail.......not so this time.

 photo 899ec603-eb1f-47b2-ac9b-bd70e2950678_zps12d7c9cd.jpg

This bunny came out a little better than the last effort

 photo c2252b0b-31e9-4903-9adf-db38e9aac0c2_zpsdcb588ca.jpg

Again, simple lines where I would normally go into much detail.........these practices have been very liberating for me.

 photo 9ab44f26-4935-4192-9d8c-c6f16246ed9a_zps6a0aebbe.jpg

Sloppy,but that's the point of the exercise.

 photo 7c77c6aa-5074-4ef4-9e76-baf92f699eb9_zps6f9d8727.jpg

I will save some for another day...........thank you to all who have inspired me. Too many to mention.
Linking with Adorned from above blog hop.

PJH Designs Transformed Tuesdays

mop it up mondays

Also with Create with Joy....Inspire Me Monday and also with A Dedicated House at Make it Pretty Monday

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great Janice! You are being more free ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! I think these are wonderful pictures. What a real talent and eye you have. Thanks for dropping by to see me - glad you did xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them. Lovely job Janice. Thanks for joining us this week at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you