This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bread Box............

Among the things I got the other day (while looking through thrift shops) was a bread box. I didn't want to use it as a bread box though. I just loved the way it looked and wanted it in my kitchen. I love old things.
 photo d7bd577a-1473-4713-9e3e-a55cd783bc58_zps5ac49cf6.jpg
When I first saw the bread box I wanted it......it was not what I was looking for though. I went to this resale shop looking for things for the garden. To make garden ornaments. The bread box was sitting there in the entrance, I mean I walked in the door and saw it sitting there. There was also a lovely old watering can. I decided against it......we walked around the store. As I paid for my things the bread box called to me. I could not resist. Well it came home with me. I wanted it to put my flour in........and here she is.
 photo ee980f7b-3a58-46d2-b104-be52bca31426_zpsb95fb11d.jpg
I think its a great place for my flour, don't you?
 photo 5cf2955f-04c5-46a8-bfa7-131c386da90d_zpsec188749.jpg
In the same place I found this pitcher and I love it.........as yet I can not figure out what to do with it.
 photo a98ae46e-1903-4a71-b140-ab3e07872c06_zps21432e2a.jpg
Well there we are.........just a couple of my latest finds. I cleaned up the kitchen counter in the process. Part of my ongoing attempt to simplify.

3 comments:

  1. Some real treasures! Well done!! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a bread box simular to that but now I keep my bread in the fridge as it takes so long to eat a loaf.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the bread box! Very creative ;o) That pitcher is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you