This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Monday, May 11, 2015

A few from my sketch book...............

I know, I was supposed to stop doing the sketch book and start sewing. The machine is still on the table. I really did want to do some sewing but so many things have happened. I lost the enthusiasm and just drew instead. Maybe I will still get around to it because I want to make some cushions for the bench outside and a cover for the seat. This when its painted. I have to do that first. Seems like there is always something else that needs doing first
Anyway, some faces........

 photo 100_6631_zps6hwugutx.jpg
 photo 100_6629_zpszx6cml0u.jpg
 photo 100_6623_zpszgpuutho.jpg
I like doing faces
 photo 100_6619_zpssggkgvub.jpg
 photo 100_6621_zpsbucmuwsa.jpg
My pages have no reason. I see something I like and try to do something like it. I enjoy doing flowers as well. You may see some things you may have seen elsewhere, could very well be. I do not copy exactly but I do my own version simply for the idea and practice.
 photo 100_6618_zpsjbmiosgc.jpg
 photo 100_6616_zpszdf0urjd.jpg
 photo 100_6610_zpsjr2jtjoi.jpg
 photo 100_6609_zpsfqwduzqc.jpg
 photo 100_6605_zpswx3kjlmb.jpg
I am showing how my pages look as I do them. The above are selections from some of the pages.
 photo 100_6608_zps1smjcfty.jpg
 photo 100_6598_zpsh3sz5avm.jpg
 photo 100_6603_zpswp05wm3i.jpg
 photo 100_6588_zpsm40a2gcz.jpg

Ah well, thats enough for now, they don't really show up so well when they are enlarged like this.


5 comments:

  1. Very fun sketches, Janice! I've been working in my art journal too -- take a look at Marmelade Gypsy when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I really enjoyed this post! I have bought an art journal for the first time in my life and I am excited to start it! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sketches, lots of different expressions and interesting looks my people all look very much the same.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hasn’t stopped fake sites from popping up — including, rather amusingly, a site called Old Pirate Bay that is being managed by IsoHunt, one of Pirate Bay’s largest rivals.
    Runescape Gold

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you