This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, June 30, 2016

Making Freezer Jam..........

So Edna and I went down to the Pigpatch down near Custer (Michigan) We were going to the Quilt shop. I did manage to find a couple of things and I also got two dozen eggs. The Pig Patch being a farm and all.
 photo 103_4997
_zpsqdnnlg8g.jpg
The farm is beautiful and a real working farm. The Quilt shop is in the farm house so one of the nicest......well we love it.
 photo 103_5003_zpszd1butgq.jpg
Anyway, just as we turn off to go to the Pig Patch there is a beautiful farm market and that is where I got my Strawberries. I bought a whole bunch. The intent was to make freezer jam. The cleaning was the hard part. Time consuming really is all.
 photo 103_4583_zpspj5slqjm.jpg
After they were washed and topped and sorted I Froze 1/2 of them. Some for making jam later and some for eating later.
 photo 103_4585j_zpsooj5ssnr.jpg
I kept some for eating the next few days, tomorrow I will make some shortcake.
 photo 103_4580h_zpsgj6c7jkd.jpg
I love the look of them in their jars, so pretty.They are somewhat chunky and that should be nice.
 photo 103_4581_zpsnualseip.jpg
 photo 103_4582h_zpsoitddp8h.jpg
Anyway, it was a bit hot in the kitchen so that was enough for me for oneday. Having run out of pectin it was better to freeze the rest and use up what I had made. Later I will make marmalade and my cranberry jam. When the weather is cooler.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you