This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fixing things.........................

Money being tight this summer has made me look at what I have sitting around. I decided to fix a few things that have been cast aside either broken or rusty or something
I collected fairies one summer, little plant pot things that rusted and the paint peeled. I used nail polish and added glitter and fixed a few of those almost good as new.
 photo 9a76d0b1-8546-46a6-a9c7-88e419dcedbd_zpsxmo2j1qt.jpg
 photo 201706j_zpshjtnuqcn.jpg
There were several of those, some with wind chimes on them, some plant stakes and the ones like that one that hangs on a wall. They all needed a touch of paint and glitter to last another year.
I made a garden angel several years ago. She had wings at one time but those somehow fell off and got lost. They may show up some day. Meanwhile I am giving her a coat of paint and deciding if I want to give her wings again. She had two wooden spoons as arms. I will find two more and she can have arms again.
 photo 20170625_123948_zpsebcep3ay.jpg
 photo 20170625_123944_zpskfdxmkhk.jpg
I had an idea of what I wanted to do for her. There is an old chair outside that was used to hold up plants, like a frame. So I had Gerry make a seat for it and put on a back, then I will sit her on the chair once its painted and let her hold a plant with her wooden spoon arms. Thats what I want to get done tomorrow.
Here is Bodi watching her dad fix the chair.
 photo 103_2262_zpsdfqxfjm6.jpg
 photo 103_2263_zps9ddkhjrx.jpg
I need to paint the new wood on the chair I suppose and then I can attach her to the back of it.
At least with all the rain I have had stuff to do inside. I have my poor dining table full again. Two boxes of drift wood and now some boxes of stained glass crap. Several years ago now I made a bunch of stained glass wind chimes. Bit by bit they fell apart as I left them out all winter. I need to use stuff up so may as well get working on that again. As I said, I cant buy anything so will make something instead. Oh the ideas I have. I have to use up glass that I have. I can replace broken window panes in the "shed" (garage) it would be pretty. I have all the things I need to do it all.
 photo 103_2265_zpslanrwv5i.jpg
These are the broken pieces
 photo 103_2264_zpsq4dntmso.jpg
This is one of the originals. I will put that back together and maybe improve on it.
 photo glass 004_zpsqszpohaf.jpg
Maybe one day I will get my dining table cleaned off. Probably just in time to get the sewing machine out?.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice wow such beautiful work,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Janice, you are so creative! Everything is looking wonderful! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you