This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Thrift Shop a thrift shop..................

It's been ages since I went to a thrift shop. I have been busy all summer it seems. Edna went to Belgium on vacation and so did two other people I know. Sheesh!!! Me I stayed home and watched kids. Brittany, a friend of Alex moved back to TC after moving down state. Her relationship ended and so now she is settling the kids into school here and working at Munson. She was having problems getting sitters so..........here I am watching kids again.
Today was hair cut day for the poodle girls. The Thrift shop is right near Brenda's Pet parlour. So as she was not ready at pick up time, what could I do?
I certainly didn't need anything and really didn't want to buy stuff just because but well, you know how much I love a bargain,
 photo thrift_zpsjnjcgtvy.jpg
 photo 20170909_171315_zpsskhmusqw.jpg
I was thinking this little item would make a nice toothbrush holder. Not sure where though. Maybe a flower vase? Not sure but it was only 2.99
so here it is.There were also quite a few cups and saucers.
 photo 20170909_171403_zpshp6q10rx.jpg
 photo 20170909_171407_zps14rz5jsn.jpg
English Bone China. I sort of liked the floral pattern and am thinking of using it for a candle. Maybe I will make a few candles for Christmas gifts. Just one more project for me. I don't really use candles since the cat got her tail on fire (unharmed but funny)
I am getting my sewing machine out next week so the next one would make a nice gift with some pot holders.
 photo 20170909_171212_zpsrbl9tiw0.jpg
This one is extra large so maybe a nice plant, like an African Violet would be nice.
 photo 20170909_171140_zpsitl2kqap.jpg
 photo 20170909_171158_zpsmc8neqp5.jpg
It is certainly time to begin thinking about Christmas gifts that's for sure.
Well I am not usually even looking at the clothes but there was really a lot of things I could have bought there today but didn't. Over by the China is the first clothes rack and this was on the very end and caught my eye
 photo 20170909_171523_zpshetizzgg.jpg
 photo 20170909_171530_zpsf2d0tg8o.jpg
I looked at it and thought it might fit and with a cameo under it, well it seemed it would look nice. Right next to it was this.
 photo 20170909_171611_zpsxvolve71.jpg
It didn't show up on the picture but is actually silver metalic thread. No idea if either fit but if not then it will get passed along.
 photo 20170909_171625_zps6ywp51h2.jpg
I saw so much today that I could have bought. A teapot with cream and sugar, a 3 piece set of china vases with flowers on. They had new sets of sheets and furry throws. All would make nice gifts for maybe 1/2 price. Alas no money to spend really. This little haul cost 18.00 Really didn't need any of it but got my fix for now. I have not been in so long I guess I rewarded myself.

1 comment:

  1. Janice, you always do so well!!! I have to admit, I love the two tops you got! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you