This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Thursday, September 21, 2017

Cheesy chicken in tomato......................

I am not sure if I posted this one before or not but in case I didn't here it is...................

 photo 90eccf20-3872-48e5-aa9e-def4e899f803_zps2zumkkub.jpg
You may notice I use a lot of cheese. Yes I do. I love cheese.
For this I use chicken breasts, nice plump ones. For 4 of us 4 nice size breasts.
You need to saute the chicken in butter with salt and pepper. I always use butter for cooking rather than oil. Just my taste. When they are brown and part cooked add the following.
 photo 20170921_161343_zpsuxg8ocd5.jpg
 photo 20170921_161358_zpseqcovc5q.jpg
When you have added the diced tomato and spaghetti sauce also add in the following
dried or fresh garlic
fresh rosemary
fresh basil
Italian herbs.
I know all this is probably in the sauce but I like to add my own as well. If you dont have fresh herbs use dried.
I let this simmer until the Chicken is cooked
 photo 20170921_161430_zpsu3hv0si6.jpg
Add a can of green beans (drained)
 photo 20170921_161402_zps6opsnalm.jpg
Just before its time to serve add a handful of shredded cheese on each chicken breast
 photo 20170921_162823_zps4r19onws.jpg
I cover the pan until the cheese is melted and then serve
This time we had a side of Spaghetti Squash. Yummy
 photo 20170921_162818_zpsuooxhxfh.jpg
To cook the squash I cut in half. Put 1/2 on plate and micro wave 15 mins bottom up on plate so that it steams itself. (Hole down)
Do the other half and shred into a bowl when done with salt and pepper and a pat of butter.
 photo 90eccf20-3872-48e5-aa9e-def4e899f803_zps2zumkkub.jpg
Now I want to eat that again. The chicken was so tender and tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken, I love cheese ... and a side of spaghetti squash. Yum!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you