This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, September 16, 2017

Goulash.....................

For some reason I had been craving Goulash. I have not made it in ages. Not that it's even a huge favourite. You know how it is, all of a sudden you think of something and until you get it the idea just does not go away. It's a simple dish, more so in Winter. Tasty and satisfying.
 photo 20170914_163544_zpsksp6pkli.jpg
That picture above is my version.
Everyone liked it. I thought I made enough to freeze some for quick meals but it was all gone.
This is what you need to make this Goulash. I don't measure things I go by taste. I will give a rough estimate though. For most of these sort of recipes it's whatever you have basically and how you like things. I like tasty not blah.

2lbs turkey burgher.
2 cans of diced tomatoes (15oz)
1 large yellow onion chopped
1 large green pepper
1 large red pepper (sweet not hot)
Chopped or crushed garlic (I use it from a jar and used a rounded teaspoon)
1 teaspoon of Paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of Italian herbs.
I used a small jar of marinara sauce with Basil or use tomato sauce whatever you prefer.
Elbow Macoroni
shredded cheese
(not my picture below I forgot till I was done)
 photo 2a2c5295-0149-4eef-ad7e-07b9c9af099a_zpsbe58j8kp.jpg
So after chopping the veggies I sauteed them in butter. You can add mushrooms if you have them or even celery. This is an anything goes recipe.
I cooked the noodles while preparing the sauce.
Throw in the cans of diced tomato and tomato sauce to the sauteed veggies.
Add the Paprika and other spices adding Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the Worcester sauce one spoon at a time till you like the taste.
When you have the desired result it is time to add the noodles and stir all together. Keep warm until ready to eat with some crusty bread.
 photo 20170914_163544_zpsksp6pkli.jpg
Top with shredded cheese and enjoy with some crusty bread and butter.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good and nice in the cooler months.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me, I will have to try and make it with my gluten free macaroni. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! Did you save me any?? Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you