This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, December 27, 2014

Nothing Happening here..............

With all the Christmas preparation over with, all the baking done. I am setting myself some new chores for this year. I want to redecorate. I have no money to do that and so I am going to try to do as much as possible as cheap as possible. I will take pictures before and after. For now though I am not doing a thing. Christmas is over, I sent as much of the treats away with people as I could. I do not need to be eating them myself. I made fudge, cookies, zucchini bread and much much more. I even made my CHristmas berry jam. That turned out well. I made green jalapeno jelly and one I have not made before, a peach red jalapeno jam. I made Salsa and cheese balls. Brandy balls .............oh boy. Now it is back on the diet again.
So what can I do to change my look without spending a lot? I bought some covers simular to this one but in burgundy.
 photo c28c2878-e498-4f26-b446-c1a1f3966167_zpsfe0055e6.jpg
I wont paint the walls. They are a deep burgundy colour. I need to dust them down and wipe off a few spots and that will be good to go. My theme at the moment is Native American. I have a large picture that is the focal point. That needs to go. I was in Pier1 and loved some of the things they had. So if I replace that with something colourful that will bring in several colours to add to the room. I am thinking I will put some pillows on the couch with some of the colours out of the picture.
 photo 8c41a148-ef9a-43c8-9aec-0666fda1ff90_zps1509813f.jpg
 photo de6f097a-df27-4ecd-8f65-484b014018df_zps1c8a7779.jpg
I saw several pictures I liked but cant afford more than one............will have to choose wisely. I want to get to more of a modern or cottage look. With the burgundy walls and sofa's I have a golden beige carpet. I need an area rug, with some floral sort of design that opens up the room. then with the colours I bring in with a rug, I want to get pillows to complement that. I think another pattern might be good along with some plain ones in bright colours. I am thinking I will then frame some of my bird photos and make a display.
Then the other thing I want to do is bring in some of my floral plates and cups and saucers. Well that's my idea.......we will see what unfolds.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the redecorating. I'm doing my annual clean out the cupboards and closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your redecorating. I'm sure I've already said how I like a Southwestern look and have our Living Room decorated that way. Best wishes for a good 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, have fun!!! You are a very creative person! I know you are going to do well, even at a low budget, you will do it! Please take before and after pics ;o) Big Hugs and Happy New Year ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you