This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Friday, January 26, 2018

Making Cards..................

I found this site a long time ago but now have become hooked. Annsdoodles. She, well, she doodles. It is a lot more than that though. She has such an imagination and such talent. I have bought several of her cards. I really want to study her techniques. She has been very helpful in giving me tips on products. I will show some of my efforts. Not to be compared to hers.
 photo 147ec2e7-cade-4a4a-93ac-6f5343b91817_zpsrvtifng9.jpg
I am making generic cards at the moment. The one above may be Birthday? I like the next one better. I will put some sparkle on the bees wings I think.
 photo 20180126_123803_zps84r5xxms.jpg
Both of those are based on ideas by Annsdoodles. I must come up with original ideas but meanwhile I need practice.
This one is more original although as it came from my sketchbook, it may be someone else's idea. I did not copy it though so in a way it is original.
 photo 27444d4a-7387-4c4d-9da4-037cb33cdb2a_zpsbdmg4qil.jpg
The next two are Valentines, sort of. I made one for Reina to send later
 photo 20180125_162516_zps4vejzuja.jpg
 photo 20180125_162537_zpsrhx8sua6.jpg
If all goes well, maybe I can make Christmas cards for next year.
 photo 3a67bb1d-3176-4336-888c-f91ea9aed3b6_zpsp0mcfdyf.jpg
This next one I just sent to my cousin Robin in England. Robin is dying, he may have a week or two at most. I made this to send him love. I hope that he gets it in time.
 photo 20180126_093318_zps3lp92ulh.jpg
Then there is this little girl, this one is unfinished. I am not sure where I want to go with it yet.
 photo 20180126_164907_zps3an5lwaq.jpg
This is the last one for now
 photo 20180119_121927_zpswgrnnrga.jpg
That's it for now. I have lots of improving to do. They don't look so good when I go back and look at them again. Certainly not compared to Ann's. Ah well, it is fun fun for now. I still have that pile of quilts sitting there that needs attention soon.
Sharing with Make it Blue Friday
I think these may be finished now.
 photo 20180127_160441_zpsgbhbf4ui.jpg
 photo 20180127_160428_zpsiqmxkne8.jpg
 photo 20180127_160417_zpsnwdllb28.jpg
Sharing with A dedicated House Make it pretty Monday

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are enchanting! Well done! Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, they are all so adorable. When we have that creative talent it just has to come out somehow.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so precious Janice! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you