This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cranberry, walnut, oatmeal Cookies.........

I have two bags of Cranberries left over from Thanksgiving. I need to use them up so, first off I made another batch of mini loaves. I used the yellow cake mix recipe again. I did mess up, I used two sticks of butter instead of one and that instead of the oil. Well I think I will go back to the oil, I am not sure the butter made a lot of difference but when taking out from the pans, they stuck. So my loaves were a little battered. Still I frosted them and they taste great so no worry. I just want them to look good next time.
So, the cookies I made were Oatmeal, Cranberry, Walnut. Sounded good so here we go.
 photo 20170117_124436_zps9z3htcln.jpg

Cranberry, Oatmeal, Walnut Cookies
..................................
2/3 cup of butter softened
2/3 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of oats (Instant)
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teasp cinnamon
1 teasp baking soda
1/2 teasp Sea salt
1 cup of dried cranberries (I used fresh diced in the food processor )
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup of white choc chips (I didn't have any so used Hershey's toffee chips.)
.............................................

Preheat the oven to 375
In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar with vanilla until fluffy
Beat in the eggs
Add the oats and mix well.
Stir in the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
Add the walnuts, cranberries and choc chips (whatever flavour you desire) mix to combine.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a non greased cookie sheet
Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Should be lightly browned on bottom.
Makes about 18 or so.

 photo 20170117_142544_zpszksmw8mi.jpg
I thought that they didn't look very pretty. So I added some left over frosting from my loaves.
 photo 20170117_133209 1_zps6nb2ypri.jpg
 photo 20170117_142521_zps15poterb.jpg
They certainly tasted good so I left some unfrosted for me. My husband does not like (so he says) Cranberries. Well with the frosting he will like them.

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love!!! Looks so good Janice! I love cranberries!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you