This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Recipes...................

I have been, for some reason, probably since not eating beef and pork, trying new recipes. Phew!!, that was a mouthful.
Well, it began with seeing a recipe on Facebook. For Brownies no less. Now I am not overly eager about Brownies. I had some Nestles cocoa powder sitting around as it turned out and I am trying to reduce the waste. You know, you buy something and only use a small amount, the rest goes to waste. So, when I saw the recipe I figured I would give it a go. So here it is.

Lunchroom Ladies 50 year old recipe.
..........................

1 cup of butter
1/2 cup of cocoa
2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
1 cup of chopped nuts
Pour in 9X13 pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins at 350

Icing.
........
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of cocoa
3 cups of powdered sugar (or fine sugar)
dash of salt
Mix together and frost as desired.

Well there were no instructions along with the recipe but it really speaks for itself.

 photo 20170110_113650_zpstcngyvwz.jpg
Actually all I did was mix everything in my food processor. It is a really stiff batter, almost a dough. I had sprayed the pan first, lucky I did, it helped to spread the batter.
 photo 20170110_124409_zpsgc7nfxar.jpg
I forgot to add the nuts so decided to wait and put it on top.
It baked for the full 25mins.
Then I made the frosting. Again, just mix it all together. The butter was soft enough by this time at room temperature.
I waited to spread until the Brownie had cooled a little but was still warm, again, the frosting was thick and stiff. It spread well on the warm brownie though. Then I sprinkled on the chopped nuts to finish it off.
 photo 20170110_141050_zps3ddrtqzp.jpg
They taste awesome, really chocolate flavour. Better than a mix for sure and very easy. It's a 50 year old recipe, that seemed really old until I realized I would have been 20 at that time. Sigh!!!
 photo 20170110_131828_zpsb6ize6dm.jpg


Then to crown it all I didn't have any plans for dinner. I had taken out some chicken so as I had seen another recipe I figured I would try it. No time like the present right?. So here it is. I did wait to be sure it was good.

Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Bake
................................

1 pound of boneless chicken
3/4 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of fresh Parmesan (grated)
1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic minced (I used some from a jar)
1/2 cup of Italian Breadcrumbs (I used Panko)

Directions
..........

In a 9 X 13 baking pan
Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and lay out into the baking dish.

In a small bowl mix together the Mayo and all the rest of the ingredients except the bread crumbs. I used fresh Parmesan, so I had more and after mixing up the ingredients you need to spread it over and cover all the chicken before adding the bread crumbs. I then grated more Parmesan on top but that was not in the recipe.

 photo 20170110_145535_zps35n3kvah.jpg

Bake at 375 for 30 -35 minutes.
This is very tasty, it went well with Cauliflower.
 photo 20170110_160352_zpsykixwnz5.jpg

 photo 20170110_160411_zpsjasrtxgc.jpg
The chicken was very tender.


1 comment:

  1. You got my mouth watering Janice!! Both of these look amazing! Thank you!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you