This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Journal...........

Here we are on day two of the new year. I have thought about doing a journal. Not a written one but an art journal. Well, maybe with some poems too but with illustrations. I have looked at, and bought books about journaling but.........ahhhh, not exactly me. So this will be an experiment. I have done two pages so far. I am not sure where it will go. 106_0046a_zps5401e344 I want to experiment with things, go into different directions. I tend to do things I like and feel comfortable with. Flowers, birds and animals. I actually have not done too many things that I can honestly say I love. A few I like .....but that's not the point. People tell me my pictures are good, then say "I sure couldn't do it I cant do a stick figure".........not exactly the rule to judge me by. I only see whats wrong with the things I do. So, this is to relax me. I will start with simple things. 106_0059a_zps6416ac48 Looks OK from a distance but............. 106_0057a_zps5274cdfe Close up, not so much. These are all done with water soluable crayons. 106_0058a_zpsa7251f59 So that is the start......not sure where it will go but I will try to show what I am able to accomplish. They wont be great art and I will try to do some weird stuff. I am linking up with It's Overflowing

6 comments:

  1. I love violets,it was also my mums name,Violet Evelyn.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother was Violet Irene (all her sisters were flowers) and my mum was Irene Violet.
    I do love violets.
    Thanks for commenting
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book...I am making mine also, for the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure where I will take it, or what I will do in it but its something to get me back into some kind of art. Good Luck with yours
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are judging yourself too hard! The love for your creations, have to come from you, before you even start! There have been many of times, I look at something and think, what? But, then I step back and think, it's great! I'm happy the way it turned out, because that's the way it is suppose to look, in my eyes ;o) When you love your art, everyone else will ;o) And, I think what you created was beautiful ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the creativity and let it flow! You are off to a good start! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you