This part of my blog is all about the things I collect or the things I make myself. I love so many things, I paint and draw and want to learn oils and pastels. I knit and crochet but want to learn tatting. I embroider and can turn my hand to most things given a chance. So much still to learn and do. I live in hope of some day reading all my books, learning all I want to learn and now I am learning to blog. You will often find my original poems, poor as they are I offer them here. I also appreciate other people art and will feature things I find that I have enjoyed. That includes pictures of fairies and fantasy or maybe just anything beautiful.
I try to use my own photo's as much as possible, sometimes I borrow from the web. If I inadvertently use your picture without giving credit, please do let me know and I will either credit or remove it, I hope you will do the same with mine.
If you wish to leave comments on my blog you can do that by joining google if you do not have a blog yourself, please comment if you can I appreciate that.


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oatmeal?......

Whats your kind of oatmeal?
I just tried Steel cut oats. Not that keen............
106_0199

I got these at the Amish store. I thought they might be healthy. Well I know they are healthy but do I like them? I love porrige. I love oatmeal. I don't like cooking it so usually get instant. Well I thought I would get some of the real stuff. So here's todays breakfast. Tristen liked it.
Cover the oats with enough water to soak in as it boils down.

106_0202

Cook it down until it thickens and when the spoon is used to mix it, the oats do not feel hard

106_0206



It will thicken and should be mushy, well it was not mushy enough for me. I dont like sugar so I used honey. When I get the Scottish oatmeal I will use the natural (raw)sugar I bought awhile back for topping cakes.

106_0205

It looked good.......just pour on the milk and honey and give it a taste. Not bad but just not for me.

106_0209

Well it was an experiment but I think I will buy some Scott's porridge oats tomorrow.
Or Irish oatmeal.
englishteastore_2246_8102922



3 comments:

  1. I like oatmeal too....with cream and brown sugar, yum!
    I like Steel cut oats and sometimes I use the oatmeal that is done in 3 minutes :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal, I have it every morning ;o) I just eat mine plane with some fruit ;o) I really try to have it healthy ;o) For a treat, I love it with cream and brown sugar! Very bad for you, but oh so good! LOL! We use Quaker Oats ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate oatmeal, never did like it.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you